Sunday, October 17, 2010

From "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore...

"Breaking Free"

Question of the Week:
 
Why do you think Isaiah readily responded to the call?
"I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple... (with the Seraphim crying,) 
'Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts, the whole earth is full of His glory.'  
The foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. "

Isaiah sees himself against this backdrop and cries out 
"Woe is me, for I am ruined!"

In the midst of this splendor,  in the midst of the glory of God,  in the midst of the Seraphim expressing worship, Isaiah sees his makeup.

Isaiah becomes acutely aware of his uncleanliness before a holy God.

After receiving cleansing of his iniquity and sin being forgiven, then the voice of the Lord speaks...
"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?"

"Here am I.  Send me!" is Isaiah's response.  Here am I, send me.

Uzziah the king has died, Isaiah sees the King of kings high and lifted up, he cries out in his awareness of his uncleanliness, his iniquity is taken away and his sins are forgiven... then he responds to the call with "Here am I, send me!"

Do we see our exalted Lord or are we blinded by ourselves?  
Do we sense our unworthiness and sin or do we hide in self-righteousness? 
Do we cry out to Him or are we too proud? 
Do we recognize we are forgiven or do we wallow?  
Do we respond to his call on our lives with "Here am I, send me?" no matter what the cost...
Are we ready to be sent?
Are we willing to respond to Him?

Here am I, Lord, 
Here am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment