Wednesday, June 2, 2010

To whom Do I give glory?

WRETCHED
In writing my thoughts I often find that I am caught up in trying to please someone who might read what I have written; that I would somehow be perceived as "spiritually deep," thoughtful, funny or interesting; that I would receive glory.  
This is a tragedy.
Every moment I write I wrestle with this tragedy.
How easily my motives run askew. 
For my mind longs to honor God and yet in the very next moment I dethrone the Lord and seek to put myself on that throne and receive honor.

Romans 7:14... the struggle between two natures...
"Wretched man (woman) that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!
... however, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.... will also GIVE LIFE to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you... if (living) by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.  For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.... received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out "Abba! Father!... we are children of God... heirs of God... fellow heirs with Christ if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him... sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us..."

Now comes my new most favorite verse...
vs26 "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

we are weak.  The Spirit helps our weakness.
we don't know how to pray as we should.  The Spirit intercedes for us... according to the will of God

"As we should" shows that sometimes we should be praying a certain way or in a certain attitude and yet we, being weak, overcome with struggles, distressed or faint in some way... cannot even see what is the way we should be praying about something... But God, being all gracious and kind, through his Spirit, He intercedes for us according to his will and the next verse after that shows how completely he does this.... "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

We groan and long for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body, the creation groans, waiting for the setting free from its slavery to corruption... and then, here, the Holy Spirit groans on our behalf, when we are so nit-witted or overcome, he intercedes according to what HE desires to accomplish. 

Praise God for this!
In my new nature I desire that He do all according to his plan and yet in the moment many times I forget my desire, I loose sight of what is good and right and the WAR is being raged within my very being... wretched woman that I am... groaning for my adoption... and He intercedes.  No one else on the planet may be interceding for me... no one may be praying for me... But the one who searches the hearts and knows the mind of the Spirit intercedes for me according all that God desires!
Praise God for this!

Do we understand the depth of this?
"If God is for us, who is against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?" ... and then before the throne of God, whenever a charge is brought against us, JESUS himself intercedes for us!

Astounding Truth.
Astounding Love.
Astounding Provision.


1 comment:

  1. perfectly expressed.

    and I am impressed. always.

    just so you know.

    not you, Him in you...

    I like you too though ;)

    amy

    ReplyDelete